Personal canned messages
The Netrox SC live chat software supports the quick response (message templates) option, available for use by operators in the chat area. There are two types of message templates: personal, that are added by each users solely for their individual use, and common, that are available to all operators on the site. This page of the manual describes adjusting the settings for the personal message templates.
To set up templates for private messages, meaning those that will only be seen to you, go to Settings -- Message Templates.
The page consists of two areas. To the left is the list of created templates. Unless there are templates you have already created, the list will be empty. To the right is the editing area for the selected template.
Creating a new canned message
- Press the +Message button in the upper panel of the template list
- In the Title field type in the name that will make it easy for you to identify the template in the list. This name will be invisible to visitors.
- If you want, you can sort quick replies by folders. To do that, select a folder from the dropdown list.
If the "Unsorted" option is selected, this canned message will be located in the root of the template selection list in the communication area
- If you want the message to be available via hot key combinations (ctrl+ numbers 0 through 9), check the box "Hot key" and select the required number from the dropdown list.
Please note that these hot keys are reserved by Google Chrome to switch between page tabs in standard view. In order to use this ability, take advantage of the application shortcut settings function.
- In the Text field, enter the canned message text.
- Press the "Save" button.
If needed, you can insert a hyperlink in the template text. In order to do that, please:
- Place the mouse cursor in the required spot of the fast message text or highlight the section of the text to become a hyperlink and press the Hyperlink button.
- In the ensuing prompt box enter the text to be displayed and the link URL.
- If you want the link to open in a separate tab, check the Open in separate browser tab box.
Folders (groups) of canned messages
Netrox SC live chat software allows for grouping canned messages by folder. Quick responses, grouped by a common tag, are very convenient when navigating a dropdown list of templates in the communication area. Netrox SC supports one nesting level for quick response folders.
For the message created, you can select a folder in the dropdown list in the editing area.
Adding a template folder
- Press the + Folder button above the created templates list
- In the ensuing modal window enter the name for the new template folder
- Press the "Create" button
Editing a folder
To modify the name of a quick message folder:
- Press the "pencil" icon to the right of the folder name in the created message template list.
- In the ensuing modal window enter the new name
- Press the Save button
Deleting a folder
In order to delete a quick message folder, press the "cross" icon to the right of the folder name in the created canned message list. Following the affirmative response to the confirmation request for the selected action, the folder will be deleted.